July 4, 2011
• Among Major League Baseball players with at least one year of service, catchers have the fewest children, on average.
• King George the III of England spent July 4th, 1776 hunting wild boar. He did not shoot any.
• Twenty-seven percent of people surveyed think the moon is always closest to the Earth during a full moon.
• The average five year-old child leaves the beach with 8.4 ounces of sand somewhere on his or her body or swimsuit.
• Europeans, on average, buy new tires for their vehicles 47 days past when they should have stopped using their previous set of tires.