October 1, 2010
• The average funnel in the average American kitchen can handle 3.413 liters of water per minute.
• Among users of the Yahoo! email service, 58.05 percent never look in their spam folder.
• In September, 2010, a poll of 58,052 Boston Red Sox fans revealed that 82.3 percent believed they would not live to see another Red Sox World Championship.
• In a September, 2010 survey of New York Yankees fans, 69 percent said they believed they would live to see the Yankees win five straight World Series titles.
• Sarah Palin's favorite variety of tea is Earl Grey.
October 12, 2010
• On the day he pitched his World Series perfect game, Don Larsen had a western omelete for breakfast. On the day he pitched his no-hitter in the NLDS, Roy Halliday had a western omelete for lunch.
• The average mudslide in the western hemisphere moves 1,873 cubic yards of material 457 yards.
• Eight per cent of American men consider it a compliment to be called a "metrosexual".
• In New York City, on average, when an elevator car moves it is transporting 1.4 people up or down 2.1 floors.
• Tokyo has three times more Elvis Presley impersonators than Las Vegas.
October 19, 2010
• The Association of Teleconferencing Professionals estimates that among conference calls that have at least 10 participants, 73 percent have at least one 'heavy breather' participating.
• The average citizen of France checks his or her watch 12 times a day for an average of 5 seconds per glance.
• Television personality Stephen Colbert has six pairs of eyeglasses that are all identical to one another.
• The average 50-year-old American has handled 23,141 different one dollar bills in his or her lifetime.
• The original bye-laws of the New York Stock exchange stated that each member was entitled to a flagon of ale or mead each week day at noon.