July 12, 2010
• In a June, 2010, survey of 4567 residents of Rhode Island between the ages of 21 and 65, 47 percent did not know that Rhode Island is not, in fact, an island.
• Geologists believe it will take approximately 2.1 million years before the beaches of Rhode Island will be as sandy as those of Brazil.
• Rhode Island has the highest per capita usage of FaceBook among all states east of the Mississippi
• During the winter of 2007-2008, Rhode Island had more potholes repaired than California.
• During the 1990s, Brown University had more undergraduates whose last names were White or Black than undergrads whose last name was Brown.