September 1, 2009
• In 2008, 87 percent of airline passengers made a phone call within 5 minutes of disembarking from the plane. Among those who did not make a phone call, 72 percent sent an SMS text message.
• The Munich airport has the highest ratio of ATMs to departing passengers of any similarly sized airport in the world.
• Dallas-Fort Worth airport serves 2.87 percent more departing passengers than arriving passengers, which is the largest differential of any airport in the world.
• Codes for Canadian airports start with 'Z' because the man who desgnated them was named Zachary Zebedevelamov and, he said, he wanted to 'leave his mark on Canada."
• From 1950 to 1958 three airlines had daily scheduled service between Idlewild (now JFK) Airport and Newark Airport.