February 1, 2009
• Among the general population, 87 percent would prefer to suffer an abrasion rather than a laceration. Among the combined members of the US Congress, British Parliament and the legislature of France, 23 percent would prefer an abrasion.
• In English speaking countries in 2006, there were 16 babies born who were given the name "Ebenezer" and 6 who were named "Adolph".
• Among Americans who can discern the difference, Irish brogues are considered to be 18 percent more charming than Scottish burrs.
• The bird-chirping sound heard at the end of "Layla" by Derek and the Dominoes is Mel Torme whistling.
• The average fire extinguisher has not been inspected in 6 years 7 months 3 days.
February 14, 2009
• Among people who have a 'significant other', 21.6 percent say their relationship makes it 'difficult', 'very difficult' or 'impossible' to find an appropriate Valentine's Day card.
• In Lapland, because the phrase has been transliterated, February 14th is called Wally Tindy.
• Fifty one percent of people surveyed believed that Valentine's Day was created by the greeting card companies.
• Eight percent of women and eighteen percent of men forget Valentine's Day
• More calories are consumed in America on Valentine's day than any other day with the exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.
February 16, 2009
• 5058 people were told that one of the presidents had to be removed from Mount Rushmore and were asked which one should be taken down. Eight percent said Theodore Roosevelt. Six percent said Franklin Roosevelt. Three percent said Ronald Reagan and two percent said George W. Bush.
• 5805 people were told a new face was to be added to Mount Rushmore and were asked which president should be added. Eighteen percent said Franklin D Roosevelt. Eight percent said Ronald Reagan. Four percent said George W. Bush. Four percent said Bill Clinton. Three percent said Benjamin Franklin.
• Besides being on Mount Rushmore, another thing Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt have in common is each preferred cod over all other varieties of fish.
• On average, each president has been married 17 years, four months, three days at the time of his first inauguration.
• The average length of presidential middle names is seven letters.