August 17, 2010
• Fewer than 1.4 percent of Americans citizens entered a speakeasy during the Prohibition Era.
• During the Prohibition Era, most so-called 'bathtub gin' was actually made in a wooden wash basin.
• The Academy of Forensic Economists determined that Prohibition accounted for roughly twenty percent of the decline in tourists visiting the U.S. from England, France, Germany and Italy during the time the 18th Amendment was in effect.
• On a per capita basis, more Americans took up residence in Canada during Prohibition than during the Viet Nam Era, but not as many as during the George W. Bush administration.
• During Prohibition, Angus M. MacAngus, a dairy farmer in Lititz, PA, tried to distill urine from his diabetic cows and bulls but the sugar content was not sufficient to convert to alcohol.