May 20, 2009
• In 2008, an estimated 2,842,000 Americans commute daily to work in a time zone that is different from the one in which they reside.
• Turning a compost pile once a week speeds up the decomposition process by 132 percent.
• As of 2006, approximately 0.671 percent of images taken by digital cameras are underwater images. That is approximately quadruple the rate in 1990.
• Between 1980 and 2005 the average price paid for a prom dress in the United States outstripped inflation by 1.1 percent.
• In September of 2004, 132,472 Americans were asked when hockey's Stanley Cup playoffs ended. Of the 47 percent who knew what the Stanley Cup Playoffs are, 26 percent guessed July.