March 21, 2009
• Among people who profess that their favorite fruit is the banana, 27 percent select pineapples when told they can have only one fruit from a fruit and salad bar.
• Approximately three percent of the U.S. population never goes more than 47 minutes without eating something, unless they are asleep.
• In some grammar schools in Puerto Rico, over half the school children on any given day will eat Cheese Whiz and ketchup sandwiches for lunch.
• In Texas, more people give up corndogs for Lent than give up candy.
• The number of flavors of jelly beans increased 823 percent between 1980 and 2005.