March 17, 2009
• The first St. Patrick's Day 'Parade' in New York City, held in 1766, was actually a pub crawl that lasted about 12 hours, during which the approximately 5000 participants had an imperial pint of ale at each of 14 different saloons.
• The only day of the year during which the city of Savannah, Georgia, consumes more beer than Munich, Germany is the day Savannah hold its St. Patrick's Day Festival.
• During the time the British occupied Boston during the American Revolutionary War, revelers were told to wear orange instead of green on St. Patrick's Day.
• In 1843, students at Trinity University in Dublin, Ireland, were the first to color their beer green on St. Patrick's Day.
• St. Patrick rarely drank beer or even mead or grog, preferring Irish Whiskey.