May 1, 2008
• The weight supported by the average office-worker's desk peaked in 1992 with an average load of 14 lbs 8 oz.
• In 2006, 8 people in required overnight hospitalization due to being struck by falling coconuts in the Caribbean.
• Among those expressing any preference, 87 percent of men responding to a survey said they'd pick a backhoe as the piece of heavy equipment they'd most like to own. Among women, the most-selected equipment was a jackhammer.
• Fifty-seven percent of Americans over the age of 55 years, 3 months have more than one pair of eyeglasses.
• According to the U.S. Army training manual, a 'trench' must be at least 22 inches deep, otherwise it is a 'furrow'.