March 24, 2008
• Osama bin Laden was not placed on the No Fly List until October 2007. An official at the Department of Homeland Security explained, "that [placing bin Laden on the list] was so obvious that no one thought to do it."
• The Nickelodeon Kids-Call-In® poll held on Presidents' Day 2008 found that Barack Obama and Mike Huckabee were the kids' choices for Presidential party Presidential candidates.
• The U.S. Mint estimates that there is approximately $350 million in incorrect transactions annually due to confusion between quarters and Susan B. Anthony dollar coins.
• There is a three percent spike in electrical power usage at 3:00 A.M. following the second Tuesday of each month due to Microsoft-Windows-based computers rebooting themselves after receiving their monthly updates.
• The 1828 first edition of Noah Webster's American Dictionary of the English Language does not have entries for "by" nor "why", but spells them as "bye" and "whye", because he felt that all words should contain at least one vowel. This attempt at spelling reform was not continued in later editions.