March 13, 2008
• The rock group Steppenwolf made several appearances in early 1967 at small venues billed as "Beowulf".
• Recent analysis of the ink used in the Magna Carta reveals that one of the trace ingredients is bull urine.
• A picador in Barcelona in the 1920s weighed approximately 295 lbs or 134 kg.
• Throughout his 40s and 50s, Ernest Hemingway would suffer caffeine withdrawal if he had fewer than ten cups of coffee per day.
• When Hermann Hesse was assigned to be an ambulance driver for the German Army during WW I, he had never driven a car before.