February 1, 2008
• Fourteen percent of Americans had their first taste of guacamole at a Super Bowl party.
• The last play of Super Bowl XLI, played Feb 4, 2007, was the 5000th in Super Bowl history.
• In the 1990s, four Super Bowl teams provided their players with a sports drink other than GatorAde. One supplied their players with colored water.
• During Super Bowls I and II, Vince Lombardi kept a yarmulke, a gift from Y.A. Tittle, in his pocket as a good luck charm.
• It takes 62.86 man-hours and 47.2 gallons of dye to paint the various logos on the field prior to the Super Bowl.