December 20, 2007
• According to "Holidaye Feasts and Traditions", written by Dennis Gilbin of London, England in 1583, "mistletoe must be hunge noe more than 18 inches above the heads of the peoples in order for a man to be entitled to a kisse from a maiden.
• Each year, approximately 8.9 percent of all Christmas trees erected in people's homes will fall over at least once, according to the group known as the Consortium of Superior Christmas Tree Stand Manufacturers.
• Dairy farmers have long known that adding one part bovine urine to 25 parts fresh water and two parts maple syrup will generally extend the life of a Christmas Tree by as many as five days.
• According to a 2002 survey by Gourmets of North America and Northern Europe, fewer than one in one hundred people have ever had a figgy pudding.
• The most people ever to bungie jump while wearing a Santa Suit happened on Christmas Day, 1989 at Gravity Canyon, New Zealand, when 42 people dressed in red with white wigs and beards made a jump at the same time.