June 19, 2007
• Among those who wear corrective lenses, one in 7873 have identical prescriptions for each eye.
• In 1961, the Golden Grain Macaroni Company paid a local brothel $875 to acquire the rights to the service mark, “the San Francisco treat”.
• As measured by overall impacts, adjusted by pounds per square inch, and taking into account 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree bruises, as well as more severe ailments such as separated shoulders, college lacrosse is judged by the World Congress of Sports Physicians to be the physically most brutal sport.
• Experts predict that by May 2nd 2011, due to the explosion in the amount of text messaging being done in China, the amount of information entered via cell phone keypads and other handheld devices will surpass the amount of information entered via traditional keyboards.
• Richard Nixon forbade backgammon playing in the White House during his administration.