June 12, 2007
• According to the National Caucus of Police Chiefs, for 38.4% of the homicides that are classified as "unsolved", the police believe they know who the perpetrator is but do not have sufficient evidence to bring him or her to trial.
• In the 50 years before the Tennessee Valley Association started building dams to generate electricity and control flooding, an average of 114 people died each year of floods in that area. Since then the average number of deaths has dropped to 4.
• Archeologists believe King Tut never traveled more than 75 km from where the pyramids are during his lifetime. In the time since it was discovered, King Tut’s artifacts have traveled approximately 650,000 km.
• Henry VIII of England had a full beard at the age of 13.
• The average pane of glass made today is 9 percent thinner yet 12 percent stronger than glass made 20 years ago.