June 7, 2007
• On an average day a wave will break on the beach at Big Sur, CA, once every 3.2 seconds.
• In 1818 ground was broken for a canal that would connect Lake Michigan and Lake Erie, running between Benton Harbor, MI and Toledo, OH. The project was abandoned when it became apparent that railroads would link the two areas long before the canal would be completed.
• The American Society of Family Counselors estimate that 41 percent of all extramarital affairs start on-line, an increase of 1,000 percent from 1995. Rounding out the top 3 places for an affair to start are workplace and church.
• The call of the House Wren has the highest decibel-to-weight ratio of all birds.
• No motor vehicle has been conceived, designed or manufactured in Detroit in 27 years.