June 4, 2007
• 62 percent of Americans said they would "never" eat a snail. 47 percent of those same Americans said they would consider trying escargot if they were in a fancy French restaurant.
• One is 4.8 times more likely to suffer a fatal accident while skiing as opposed to snowboarding, and 8.6 time more likely than when water skiing.
• Scouring pads have been found in ancient Etruscan villages.
• By his decree, the sealing wax used by King Louis XIV had to be made from wax found in honeybee colonies on the grounds of Versailles and had to contain no less than 1 percent "virgin's urine".
• In Japan, the first traffic lights used yellow to indicate 'stop' and red to indicate 'go'.