April 1, 2007
• On January 15, 1919, a 2.3 million gallon wave of molasses in Boston, Massachusetts killed 21 people.
• The Mitsubishi Corporation was founded by Sakamoto Ryoma, a famous samurai and political assassin of the 1860s.
• More Californians are opposed to the legalization of ferrets as pets than are opposed to the legalization of same-sex marriage.
• Public magic performances were outlawed in Virginia until June of 1769.
• The first successful appendectomy was performed by Dr. William West Grant on January 4, 1885. The patient, Mary Gartside, lived until 1919, when she succumb to an unrelated illness.