April 16, 2007
• Merv Griffin derives about $350,000 of income per week from Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune. About four percent of that is directly due to his being the composer and copyright holder of the “Final Jeopardy Jingle”.
• Over the past 8 years, pink Hi-liters have outsold yellow Hi-liters 3-to-2.
• Historians have determined that the date on which the lowest percentage of post-pubescent American men sported facial hair was on August 11th, 1953.
• The average 12' x 12' shag carpet will contain approximately 1.7 lbs of food after 4 years, even if vacuumed regularly.
• Abraham Lincoln wore a stove-pipe hat in order to emulate one of his favorite writers: Charles Dickens