April 9, 2007
• The combined salaries of the top 15 employees of PBS is less than the expense account to which the heads of each of the major networks is contractually entitled.
• The Black Forest and the Black Sea were both named for Hans Black, who was the great great great grandfather of US Supreme Court Justice Hugo Black. The Black Market was originated by Hans's son, Hermann.
• 11.1 percent of the people who have stood on the exact geographical North Pole or South Pole have reported feeling dizzy while there.
• The average size bra (34b) weighs an average of 3.7 oz.
• Office buildings being constructed today will have approximately 1.2 km of wires (telephone, electrical, fiber optic, etc) for each person who works in the building. For the first time in the past 87 years that number has actually decreased due to the more-widespread use of wireless networks.