April 11, 2007
• Four percent of American adults have not ridden on a railroad train, 17 percent have not ridden on a subway and 29 percent have not flown on an airplane.
• Geneticists have determined that the musk melon, cassava melon and honeydew melon are all descended from the Crenshaw melon.
• Michael Dell, founder of the Dell computer company, was born Michael Dellaquavita. He shortened it when he started making computers because, when he contracted with a company to make medallions of his logo, he could save a few cents per 100 count by dropping 8 letters. He estimates that that decision alone has put somewhere between $450,000 and $750,000 into his pocket.
• The northern Illinois chapter of AAA says that the average car in the their area has antifreeze that is 29 percent below optimal strength.
• The original Pong video game is the only legal electronic game in the Seychelles.