April 3, 2007
• Although Canada is known as "America's neighbor to the North," there is a total of 72.4 miles along the 8,900 mile border where one could cross from the US into Canada by traveling south.
• Of the seven deadly sins, a recent poll by the Guardian UK reports that lust is the most popular edging out gluttony and sloth.
• The American Cancer Society wrote a letter of complaint to George Lucas when the first Star Wars premiered. They thought the name “Chewbacca” was too close to “Tobacco” and would induce children to smoke.
• The percentage of baskets (including free throws) in the NBA that have hit "nothing but net" has increased from 62 percent to 68.4 percent over the past 10 seasons.
• Meerkats can burrow as fast as four meters per minute in optimal digging soil.