March 29, 2007
• President William Henry Harrison introduced 214 separate pieces of legislation even though he was in office for only one month before dying.
• The Sears Roebuck catalogue coined the term ‘husky’ to refer to larger-than-average boys in 1882.
• A well-trained ear can discern between notes played by a chrome-plated flute, a silver-plated flute and a gold-plated flute.
• Syracuse University’s colors are orange and white because a major benefactor was the inventor of the orange and white “creamsicle”.
• When Jumbo the Elephant was transported from England to the U.S. he spent most of the crossing sleeping in an improvised sling that minimized the effects of the waves.