March 14, 2007
• Napalm is named for the scientists who invented it: Nedrick Adams, Pamela Allminsen and Louis Mercer.
• The median number of objects used to create a snowman's mouth is seven. The traditional material used is coal, but small stones and charcoal are used most often.
• No toad has ever been seen sitting on a toadstool unless it was placed there by a person.
• The 'flattest area in the world' is a 17,124 acre tract of land north of Hayes, KS, the elevation above sea level of which varies by no more than 14 inches over the entire area.
• Soil in areas that were once covered by glaciers is, on average, 732 percent more rocky than soil that has never been covered by a glacier.