March 26, 2007
• The device commonly known as a plunger was invented by Jeffrey Gunderson, a farmer on the Isle of Jersey. He originally created it to alleviate his cows of constipation.
• The average amount of milk, cream or half and half added to a cup of coffee is 1.2 oz.
• A higher percentage of medical doctors purchase extra firm mattresses than dentists or psychiatrists.
• The average movie house shows 3.1 trailers prior to the main feature. Virtually all play the "Let's all go to the lobby" jingle.
• 73 percent of all lottery purchases are "quick picks" selected by the lottery machine.