March 6, 2007
• Prior to the discovery of antibiotics, horse urine was commonly used to treat pink eye.
• In 1975, the Pet Rock became the first product to include the label "Warning: Choking Hazard: Contains small parts not suitable for children under 3 years."
• According to a recent paper in the Journal of English Linguistics, the use of abbreviations speed reading by 12 percent, but reduce comprehension by 23 percent.
• Vehicles at the U.S. bases in Antarctica have the lowest auto insurance rates available in the U.S. due to the complete lack of vehicle-on-vehicle accidents.
• Taking a picture in a hall of mirrors will burn out a digital camera's CCDs due to the infinite reflection of the flash.