March 5, 2007
• The Sonoma Desert has the highest average daily temperature differential in North America: 38.4° F.
• In Bangladesh it is illegal for motorcyclists to wear helmets.
• Pilgrims considered it good luck to lend someone clothing on the first day of Lent.
• In Indianapolis, beer sales rose four percent on the day after the 2007 Super Bowl in comparison to an average Monday.
• Consumer Reports has refused to offer a comparison on paper quality, despite many varieties of paper. Quote the chief editor: "It's just paper, for crying out loud [...] are we supposed to analyze everything?"