January 10, 2007
• Every year, seemingly due to New Years' resolutions, sales of cigarettes drop by about 30 percent in January, but then regain half that in February, and are back to normal levels in March.
• When first introduced in 1885, Dr Pepper was colored green and billed itself as an alternative to absinthe.
• Approximately 1 in 175 children born in the United States are currently on the Department of Homeland Security's no-fly list.
• Former President George H. W. Bush won a national whistling contest in 1935 at the age of 11.
• Privately-owned nuclear weapons are legal in 47 states, though they must be registered with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the State Department.