January 5, 2007
• Dried yellow split peas contain 32 percent less nitrogen than dried green split peas.
• Of the cases of mononucleosis appearing in January and February, the Centers for Disease Control attributes 63 percent to kissing a stranger on New Year's Eve.
• A recent study done by the National Association of Psychiatrists and Psychologists (NAPP) indicates that having hobbies such as scrapbooking, stamp collecting, and music decreases the chance that one will be referred to a mental health practitioner by 24 percent.
• Of all declared wars, approximately 11 percent have had no formal ending. Six percent are considered ongoing, although no casualties have occurred since the beginning of the year 2000.
• There are more U.S. dimes circulating today than there were people living on earth when the Lydians first coined money.