November 13, 2006
• Effervescence is the longest English word using repeats of only one vowel.
• Whims are the essence of whimsy.
• The worlds smallest speaker was recently created at The Nanoscale Science, Engineering, and Technology Laboratory in DeWitt Michigan. The speaker measures a scant 0.02 micrometers across. It is capable of producing noise of 0.000004 decibels.
• The strongest man-made material by weight is an alloy of aluminum, carbon, and polonium. Unfortunately it is far too radioactive to be used safely near organic matter.
• Seven percent of Americans have a day planner solely to keep track of when their television shows air.