October 30, 2006
• The world's largest fish stick, weighing just over 2 tons, was battered and fried in Gloucester, Massachusetts in 1999 to commemorate Gorton's 150th anniversary.
• Horror author Stephen King has an intense fear of spiders due to a traumatic childhood incident.
• Nearly 90 percent of lottery tickets are sold to people living below the poverty line.
• On average, meals paid for with stolen credit cards tip only 4 percent, compared to 13 percent for legitimate payments.
• In a recent online poll by the popular UK newspaper The Guardian, the most popular name for the current decade is "the naughties", playing on the common British word for zero. "The oh-ohs" came in a distant second.