October 12, 2006
• In the week following Halloween, one in three children will ingest what the FDA considers a toxic dose of blue dye #8.
• Prior to the expanding of 9/11-related airline security restrictions, chain saws were not on the list of restricted items. However, according to FAA estimates, it is unlikely that more than a dozen had ever been allowed on-board a plane.
• More people die by asphyxiation while eating peanut butter than from peanut allergies.
• British King George III (1760-1820) declared surveying to be "the noblest profession."
• While the moon is gravitationally locked to the Earth, due to a slight tidal "wobble", if one were to carefully time visits to the equator and both poles, one could eventually view nearly 56 percent of the moon's surface.