October 10, 2006
• The world meat supply would increase by 4.2 times if ranches switched from cattle to emu using the same acreage.
• Ingens Dionaea Muscipula, an ancestor of the Venus Flytrap that dates back 15 million years was the largest known carnivorous plant on earth. It was big enough to digest a five foot tall man.
• Overall, roosters only represent 1.9 percent of animals portrayed artistically. They are however, the most likely animal to be artistically depicted in an American kitchen, beating out pigs by a narrow margin.
• Due to a loophole in state law, Minnesota is required to provide "ret. vet." license plates to retired veterinarians.
• Scientists at Texas A & M University who accidentally genetically engineered a flying chicken in 2005, were required by the department of agriculture to destroy the experiment notes and had to destroy the chick, as well.