October 4, 2006
• Some of the more colorful collective nouns are a murder of crows, an ostentation of peacocks, and a knot of octopuses.
• According to a professor at the University of Manchester, documents from the time show that Robin Hood gave away less than one percent of his gains to the poor.
• Neptune is the only planet with three magnetic poles.
• Nearly half of Americans misspell "hamster" as "hampster", and 90 percent mispronounce it that way.
• Cigarette butts account for three-fourths of roadside litter by volume.