June 12, 2006
• Creator Marc Cherry has acknowledged that the Desperate Housewives are loosely based on the characters from Louisa May Alcott's Little Women.
• Among U.S. public companies, the average price paid for an office chair is $62 for rank-and-file employees, $278 for first-level managers, and $723 for executives.
• If the average American driver were to aggressively invest the money currently used for gasoline, they would have over $118,000 in that investment after 10 years.
• In a typical office high-rise, the elevators consume nearly half of the electricity used by the building as a whole.
• The short-beaked echidna is the only mammal that has been completely frozen and subsequently revived.