June 8, 2006
• On average, a basketball used by the NBA will be slam dunked seven times during its usable life.
• In a recent poll of United States civil servants, 86 percent could not describe the difference between a #1 and a #2 pencil; 57 percent did not know #1 pencils exist.
• Studies at the University of Wyoming have shown that overweight people are 36 percent more likely to vote Republican than their thinner counterparts.
• Lefty Frizzell's number one song "Saginaw, Michigan" was based on the experiences of his great uncle, who actually lived in nearby Bay City. Frizzell changed the city to Saginaw to make it "more singable."
• On May 9, 2006, Bernard Ellula became the one hundredth person to be killed by a computer mouse.