June 5, 2006
• A recent Nickelodeon Kids-Call-In® survey named George W. Bush as the best President ever, handily defeating perennial favorites George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.
• According to the International Association of Fire Fighters, approximately 12 percent of high-rise office fire alarms are set off by someone accidentally burning popcorn in the microwave.
• The web site of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation runs on Linux.
• Pearls will dissolve in vinegar, opals in chlorine bleach, and cubic zirconia in hydrogen peroxide. The latter provides a simple way to distinguish between diamonds and their imitators.
• In nearly every language of the indigenous Amazon rain forest people, "good weather" refers to a rain storm, and "bad weather" means sunny.