May 2, 2006
• According to The SANS Institute, only one in every 475 emails is individually written for the recipient by a human.
• In a recent Department of Homeland Security sweep, three of California's state representatives were discovered to be illegal immigrants. Due to their standing in the community, they have not been deported or imprisoned, pending judicial review.
• Jury duty pay (typically a token $5) was federally mandated in 1971 after Internal Revenue Service v. County of San Lorando ruled that government agencies could be considered 501(c)(3) non-profits if they had a substantial "volunteer" workforce.
• Fortune magazine suggested that if Bill Gates were to suddenly sell all of his Microsoft stock, it could trigger a ripple effect through the technology sector, the stock exchanges, the U.S. economy, and finally the world economy, which would likely result in a world-wide recession.
• The newest Apple iPod has 22,500 times more computing power than the Apple I created 30 years earlier.