February 23, 2006
• Fruit-flavored snacks and candies outsell fresh fruit eight-to-one.
• Despite a relatively flat market overall, stock prices of the top six US military contractors have risen nearly four-fold since 2001.
• To date only three sitting US Supreme Court justices have been charged with manslaughter.
• As recently as 1980, a majority of climatologists agreed a new ice-age was "likely" or "very likely" to be imminent.
• Until 1948, Texas high school physics textbooks included an insert that asserted "Gravitation is only a scientific theory and cannot be fully proven beyond all doubt." Interestingly, many philosophers of science concur.