February 14, 2006
• If taken in large doses, pure unsweetened chocolate can serve as a mild hallucinogen.
• More greeting cards are purchased for Valentine's Day than for birthdays, graduations, marriages, Father's Day, and Easter combined.
• Up until the 12th century, roses were considered bad luck and were often uprooted and buried.
• 76 percent of relationships that are started on Valentine's Day will end before April.
• The term "love sick" is believed to come from anthrogeniosilikoniosis, an infection which is often contracted through rose thorns.