December 8, 2005
• A pine cone falls to the ground somewhere in the world every 0.24 seconds.
• Between 1793 and 1807 the Boston Brick Company held an exclusive patent on the production of red bricks. Historians estimate that 94 percent of brick houses built in this time period used unlicensed, illegal bricks.
• President Woodrow Wilson bathed in buttermilk once a week for its reported anti-aging effects.
• High school math teachers are 41 percent more likely to read blogs than an average, non-university teacher.
• Ten U.S. police departments use drug sniffing pigs.