December 3, 2005
• The first tongue-twister to be written down was discovered in Egypt. Translated, it roughly reads: "Stars and water, running through the desert, throwing handfuls of sand."
• Nationally, the average parking meter collects $6.43 per day, excluding Sundays.
• One in six Britons will die without ever having tasted tea.
• In the 2004 election, John Kerry's website had, on average, eight times more total words than George Bush's.
• Nine percent of people cross days off calendars as they pass.