December 6, 2005
• Each roll of standard 35mm film contains 16 μg of uranium.
• Researchers at Carnegie Mellon University have determined that 68 percent of cats' dreams are nightmares.
• Historians believe the Spanish American War was the only modern military conflict set off by mollusks: the explosion of the USS Maine, which precipitated the war, was caused by the tunneling of countless ship-worms.
• An average book in a university library has been checked out four times.
• The common notion that most people only use one quarter of their brains was proven true in 1958 by Soviet scientists, in a series of grisly experiments on petty criminals.