October 7, 2005
• There are over 2,000 people world wide who make their living selling items or money in online role-playing games.
• One mosquito in ten carries a disease that could potentially infect humans.
• Ten percent of the population of developed nations will go their entire lives without eating any plant or animal that has not been affected by deliberate selective breeding.
• The creator of Tetris originally wanted to use all 12 possible 5-square pieces, but decided the game was too difficult. He would have called it "Pents"
• Every time an incandescent light bulb is turned off and back on takes 5 hours off of its lifetime.