August 22, 2005
• Our primate ancestors perfected dancing as a form of communication before speech.
• In a recent study, 72 percent of first graders were able to understand a 1940s radio drama while only 32 percent of fifth graders were able to do the same.
• During a day of use, an individual contact lens has a 3.2 percent chance of falling out of the wearer's eye.
• The town of Donovan's Gorge, Nebraska held nightly fireworks displays for six months in 1902 after a firework factory owner died and left the town his plant's supplies.
• After addressing the nation, Richard Nixon's approval ratings went up an average of 4.3 percent, making him the most statistically successful orator in modern American history.