August 16, 2005
• 30 percent of household fire and smoke alarms are inaudible through closed doors.
• Of the 437 feature-length films made about the Second World War, only 11 take place from an axis perspective.
• Kandree Hill, Alberta on the Canadian-American border requires all signs and placards to be printed in Spanish, Portuguese, German, and Russian, in addition to the Canadian requirement of English and French.
• Only fifty-five bird species have gone completely extinct in the 20th century.
• The average citizen eligible for jury duty at 18 will serve on six juries, and be rejected from nine, by their 65th birthday.