August 4, 2005
• Within the first year after purchase, a CD will be listened to approximately 165.4 times.
• On average, only 74 percent of a butter packet provided in a restaurant will be used, according to the American Dairy Merchandiser Association.
• The official Scrabble Dictionary has 228 words not appearing in the Merriam-Webster dictionary.
• The Department of Homeland Security estimates that 18 percent more guns have made it through airport screening since the federal government took over the process.
• In 2004 one in seven cell phone calls ended prematurely due to poor reception.