April 4, 2005
• Ever since the murder of Pope John XII in 964, the Vatican has avoided the use of the number 12. It is referred to in all holy documents as "Unodecum et Unum" ("eleven and one").
• Three quarters of the ships recorded lost at sea by the World Maritime Bureau have never been found.
• Queen Elizabeth II is the first Queen of the Britons to play a musical instrument: the french horn. Interestingly, King Louis XV of France played the cor anglais.
• Estonia is the only eastern-european nation never to have undergone civil war or other internal strife.
• Propensity for hairy feet is inherited through the mother's side.