December 23, 2004
• A recent nationwide survey shows that the average American can name six of Santa's nine reindeer. Vixen was the most commonly forgotten, and the only respondent who did not name Rudolph named the other 8 correctly.
• Your eyes close when you sneeze because otherwise the pressure behind them would be sufficient to pop them out of their sockets.
• Shopping cart theft is the number one reason cited by grocery stores for going out of business.
• The average American will hear more than five solid days of Christmas music this holiday season.
• Scientists have yet to discover a statistical link between happiness and any other variable about a person's life. Factors considered and rejected so far include income, marital status, religion and overall health.